Monday, January 16, 2012

Ruffled Wedding Dress



My second post for the day!  I don't normally have two posts, but I had this idea in mind for the challenge on Freshly Made Sketches #17 found here and it is due by noon today. This card was made by stamping the dress from Love and Laughter in black and then cutting it out. I then used sticky strip on the bottom portion of the dress and ruffled vanilla seam binding. A pearl was added to the top of the dress and black ribbon was tied to define the top from the bottom. If I were to do this again, I would not place a plain piece of vanilla cardstock over the bottom of the dress as the ink does show through a little. I would also cut the right side of the dress so it wasn't "flowing out" but with the same angle as the left side.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I think this is fantastic! What a clever idea! So glad you shared with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

So classy in B/W and the ruffled dress is fabulous!

Lesley said...

Wow! Amazing!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful, what a fabulous idea.