Monday, January 16, 2012

Fabric Challenge



The challenge at Stampin' Royalty Challenge #106 found here was to use fabric in a project. I decided to make a flower bookmark. The flower was made by cutting circles from the Candy Cane Christmas fabric using the circle die for the Big Shot. I folded them in half and then half again and used a glue gun to hot glue them to a felt circle. It took four circles for each layer, and I did two layers for a total of eight circles.  I adhered the button on top with hot glue. The flower was then attached to the elastic by adhering it to a felt circle.  I sewed the elastic and covered up the sewn part with my felt circles.  (As I'm typing this, I realize I should have taken pictures of the back for you to see!) By using elastic, this will work for different size books as a book mark. In the picture, I put it around a clear case that I quickly decorated. I did try it on a book and it worked well to mark the page! Wouldn't this be a neat gift to receive?  I may have to make more up:) 

2 comments:

STASIA SLOMA said...

Amazing flower!!! What a great job!!! You are an inspiration to all of us that are fabric challenged!! Thank you for taking the fabric challenge at Stamping Royalty this week!

Jenn Picard said...

Wow this is fantastic. I having been wanting to try one of those bookmarks, thanks for the inspiraton and for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty