Thursday, May 13, 2010

Teacher Appreciation Gifts

Once again I apologize for the lapse in my blog posts. I have been stamping and have some fun things to show you. I just need to get the photos taken, cropped and posted:)

Last week was teacher appreciation week, so I stamped a few things to give to my kids' teachers. Unfortunately, I only got things made for their homeroom teachers, but I hope to give something to all of their teachers before the end of the year! (So, Jennifer if you are reading this, you will get something!). My feeling is that even though teacher appreciation week has passed, you can thank a teacher ANYTIME and should. Teachers have a special place in my heart for a few reasons...I use to teach before I had kids (ages ago!), my sister is a teacher, I still have great memories of my own grade school and high school teachers, my kids have been blessed with wonderful teachers, and when I go in to help out in the classrooms, I'm amazed once again of all the hard work a teacher is expected to do. So, this is a shout out to all of the teachers...THANK YOU!

Okay, on to the project.....

I had bought the Thoroughly Modern File Folders from Stampin' Up! months ago with the intentions of converting them into a pocket folder to hold a notepad, pen and cards and finally got around to doing that for Teacher Appreciation Week. I followed directions on a couple of different blogs to convert the file folder. If you do a search in google, you can easily find directions. I ended up making 3 matching cards. I used the Movers and Shapers Die along with the Thoroughly Modern Designer Paper to make some quick cards. I did not add any ribbon as to keep the "bulk" to a minimum. The notepad top is covered with designer paper and I added designer paper to an RSVP pen so that everything would match. If you have any questions, let me know. I posted a lot of pictures below...Enjoy-





1 comment:

jennifer said...

reading your post today I couldn't decide if i should giggle and cheer or get a tissue i am so touched! too funny! you and your sweet kids are awesome! and to think i was mentioned in blog land!