Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Stamps!


A new stamp set and some new paper has arrived! and I had a chance to make one card. The card below was inspired by a card on this blog. I used the new Sending Love Specialty designer paper that is in the new occasions mini catalog. This paper is delicious! It has glitter on one side of each of the pages. It makes the card pop without having to do much work:) The square blocks were punched using the 1 1/4 inch square punch and the heart was punched out of the paper using the large heart punch. The saying "love you much" is from the set Well Scripted which is also featured in the occasions mini catalog. I ordered this set in the clear mount option. Yes, SU is now offering sets with the clear mount option. Don't be confused, though, the rubber is not transparent, it is the exact rubber that is used for the wood mount stamps. At first I was a little bummed, because I thought it would be great to be able to actually "see" exactly where you were stamping. However, I LOVE these unmounted stamps. They stamp GREAT, just like the wood mount and I think it is easier to line up your image. I have stamped with some clear mount stamps before and have had a hard time getting a good image...not so with these. I think I may order all my new stamps sets in the clear mount option for two reasons: 1-it is easier to see where you are stamping and 2- space!!! those of you that have been to my place know that space is limited for me, and these take up less space. You'll have to try these stamps for yourself and let me know what you think.



No comments: