Thursday, December 8, 2011

Six!

I'm sorry that I have been MIA lately.  I have had more editing work this week and have not had time to stamp or post:(  My Christmas cards have still not been started, but I have created the design.  Today I received some pre-order items from the upcoming mini-catalog, and I can't wait to play. 

This cutie below is our youngest, Carter. He turned 6 on November 18th. I made a pop-up card for him, and I knew that he would love it!  He has been around stamping his whole life, so he appreciates my work. When he opened the card, he said, "Wow, this is cool! How did you make it?" This is also the kid that told me one of his favorite things in Kindergarten was crafts:)  Don't worry, though, he would be rather be outside playing, tackling or on the farm riding 4-wheeler, exploring the pasture where he can find the most mud, and hunting. So, onto the card.....

 The outside is simple with designer paper and punches.
This is the inside of the card. As it is opens, the "6" pops up. I made a box out of designer paper using the Stampin' Score, so it folds down when the card is closed. Think of all the objects that could be pop up when the card is open. I may have to try out some other images, but this works great for b-day cards.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope it isn't so long before I post again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So so cute!!! Both Crater, and the card! :-) Missy

Anonymous said...

Oh darn!! I meant CARTER! :-)