Sunday, March 4, 2012

Clouds and a Kite


Yeah! Two posts in a row:) One of my favorite stamps sets in the mini is the Send Me Soaring stamp set, so I hope you are not tired of it yet.  The base of this card is Crumb Cake with a layer of Pool Party cardstock adhered to it with dimensionals. I sponged the crumb cake and pool party cardstock with white craft ink. White cardstock was dry embossed using the Square Lattice embossing folder and then punched with the Cupcake punch to make the clouds. I stamped the kite in Island Indigo and added Dazzling Diamonds Details to the polka dots which I don't think show too well in the picture. Island Indigo Baker's Twine was added for the string of the kite. I made the banner with the Petal Cone Die and stamped the saying on it. A red button was added. Turquoise/blue and red seem to be a popular color combo lately. The sketch for this card was from SQSC 28.



We were unfortunately home early today from Lily's b-ball tournament as they lost their first game! It was so disappointing:( They were down by 10 at half-time and lost by 4. 


Happy 10th Birthday today to Lily! She is my sporty daughter that loves b-ball and soccer! She loved the card that I made for her (it can be found here). When she opened it, she said, "Sweet!" and her eyes lit up. She said the card was "awesome," and I should make more of them:)  Love this girl....

No comments: