Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Deco

Today, I'm going in to Noah's classroom for his party and am bringing some treats. So, my dilemma was to just bring the treats, buy a Halloween dish to put the items in or try to make something. Well, you guessed it, I wanted to be a little creative! When I was shopping, I found buckets at Michael's for $1.00 each (the perfect price for me). Yes, they were just plain, but I figured I could fancy them up a bit. I took my Big Shot and some sheets of decor elements (SU sells plain sheets of decor elements) and cut out some letters using the Bigz Alphabet Simple Letters and punched some bats using the Bitty Bat Large Punch . Please be aware, though, that not all punches work with the decor elements sheets...if there is fine detail (i.e. snowflake punch) you will not be able to get it to cut the decor element sheets.

Carter is excited because he wants new pails for his sandbox and that is what we will probably do with them after Halloween since the decor elements just peel right off!


Think of all the possibilities for personalizing items....for birthday parties, on plates, mugs, paint cans, etc.

Below are some before and after pictures.
















No comments: